Manage episode 224051175 series 2292167
It’s the final Mumbrellacast of the year.
Before we head into the new year, it’s time to look back at the big events, moments, campaigns, shake-ups, mergers, controversies and successes that shaped 2018. It’s been such a busy year for media and adland, can you even remember what happened six months ago?https://mumbrella.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Mumbrellacast.mp3
If you can’t (or even if you can), the Mumbrella team explores the messes, the miracles and the milestones of 2018.
In this episode, the Mumbrella team looks back over:
- The deal that reshaped the Australian media landscape: Nine buys Fairfax (01:45)
- All the things that went wrong at the ABC this year (spoiler alert: It’s a lot) (13:18)
- The #metoo movement in Australia (16:46)
- What on Earth is going on at WPP? (Plus, what Sorrell thinks about it all) (26:16)
- The year in advertising (33:41), TV (49:52), radio (53:18) and public relations (53:54)
Happy New Year from the Mumbrellacast team. We’ll be back with more episodes in January, 2019.
Subscribe through iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Alternatively, copy and paste the following link into your favourite podcast feed reader: https://feeds.mumbrella.com.au/MumbrellaPodcast
Music credit: RetroFuture Clean Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Hard Boiled Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
The post Mumbrellacast: What on Earth happened? 2018 in review appeared first on Mumbrella.
50 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .