Manage episode 204962676 series 31862
Chris Boardman, Sebastian Wolff, and Xiao'an Li welcome you to Business Skills For Composers - a Facebook group for composers where discussions center solely around business related practices. It doesn't matter how much or how little experience you have - everyone is welcome to post in line with the group rules and requirements. You will be safe from judgement. A rising tide raises all ships. Let's not compete in a race to the bottom, but push each other to greater heights instead!
- Just under 5000 members.
- My first 4 way live interview.
- 3 of the admins of the group.
- Sebastian Wolff - Seattle based, licencing & royalties.
- Chris Boardman - University lecturer at University of Miami
- Xiao’an Li - (C Ow Anne) - Live presentations
During the interview we discuss a number of cool topics such as:
- Song writing
- Music for film, TV and games
- Copyright and intellectual property in the United States
- Music licensing
- Performance rights organisations
- Business skills
- Opportunities for composers - like creating audio brands
- And especially interesting, as the conversation has a US focus, the differences within different territories
So without further delay here’s my conversation with Sebastian Wolff, Chris Boardman, and Xiao’an Li from Business Skills For Composers. I hope you enjoy it!
Also, I’ve started my own music business Facebook group. I’ve called it the Music Industry Entrepreneurs Association and we're having some cool discussions in there. If you’d like to check it out then visit www.miea.biz
Thanks so much again for listening. I really appreciate your support and I hope you got something out of today’s episode. If you haven’t already subscribed to the show - search me in either iTunes or Stitcher Radio and that way you’ll never miss an episode.
116 episodes available. A new episode about every 19 days averaging 44 mins duration .