Archive this series
Trudy Chan has had a multifaceted career in music. The former Senior Manager of Promotion at Boosey & Hawkes, Trudy now heads her own boutique composer management company, and works as a collaborative pianist, most notably as one half of the Cheah Chan Duo, which puts on six concerts of art song and piano music each season.
Trudy and I have been friends for years, and we’ve had the pleasure of performing together several times.
During the course of our conversation, we touched on:
- Friendship as the basis for working relationships
- Working for a traditional publisher
- Approaching performers and ensembles
- Doing your research
- The Virtue of Patience
- Being judicious in mailing materials
- Preparing for conferences
- The importance of showing up
- The dance of building relationships
- Business partners
- Some advantages and disadvantages of traditional publishing
- Submission tips
- Program notes
- Follow-up emails
- Black Tea Music
- The differences between promotion and publicity
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 68 mins duration .