Archive this series
Angela Myles Beeching, author of the well-known book Beyond Talent: Creating a Successful Career in Music, has created and run entrepreneurship programs in a number of major music schools throughout the country, and now is a full-time career consultant for working musicians.
This week, she joins me to talk about her work with musicians, and some tips for composers and performers.
Also, Angela has made a very generous offer to the MPP community: between now and December 14, 2016, she is offering a free 30-minute career consultation! Just email her at Angela@BeyondTalentConsulting.com, and mention that you heard her here.
During the course of our conversation, we touched on:
- The perceptions of entrepreneurship
- Using entrepreneurial skills appropriately
- Teaching the entrepreneurial “mentality” vs. concrete skills
- Listening to your critical voice
- Time management
- Setting up creative blocks
- Forming habits
- Setting a pre-creative ritual
- Minimizing distractions during creative time
- Being in a space conducive to writing
- Setting regular creative habits
- Steven Pressfield’s The War of Art
- Describing your music
- Angela’s generous offer to MPP listeners
- Going to conferences
- The Chamber Music America national conference
Links: Angela Myles Beeching Beyond Talent Steven Pressfield: The War of Art New Music Box: You Need a Better Bio “Inside Morton’s Head”: Morton Gould on the creative process “Success & Legacy” “Five Productivity Hacks”
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 68 mins duration .