Manage episode 151538759 series 1030619
Third time's a charm! After a sudden scheduling conflict and a Google Hangouts technological nightmare, Jenn Jolley and I finally sat down to talk about her music, her blog, and the opera company that she helped to found.
In this episode, we touched on:
- How processing our emotions is time invested in our art
- Using rejection to springboard into new projects
- Competitions and how they're run
- Building an organization that serves the wider community
- The difficulty of securing second and third performances
- The realities of running an ensemble or arts organization
- Taking stock of your situation and re-evaluating your goals
- When practical considerations inform your writing
- The need for more operatic roles for women
- Composer collectives
- Resource sharing
64 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 67 mins duration .