Manage episode 186967780 series 1527046
In this episode
Over the past few years my need for high quality, interesting and captivating images has increased. Today I share tips for finding and editing great images that you can use in your own presentations, worksheets, newsletters, printable resources and Teachers Pay Teachers resources.
Listen to the episode here (or on your favourite podcast app):
Resources and links mentioned
- Pixabay – free images and videos
- Librestock – searches more than 40 stock photo websites
- Pics4learning – kid-friendly images
- Flat Icon – free and paid (S = free. Crown = paid); awesome range; make backgrounds and patterns!! – grouped into packs (matching sets). Example – Music Elements (70)
- Icons DB – limited music ones; can change colour
- Noun Project – icons for everything
- Phillip Martin – free clip art
- Teachers Pay Teachers – search for graphics/free and paid/backgrounds, borders, cartoon-style kids etc.
- The Big Free Notation Image Library – use these images to create worksheets, posters for your music classroom, flashcards, and more!
- Ukulele chord images – 22 ukulele chord diagrams in all, blank fretboards are also included for you to create your own diagrams
- Guitar chord images – create lead sheets, guitar chord quizzes, or use in your interactive whiteboard software
Editing and adding text
- Adobe Spark Post – create simple and stunning social media graphics
- Canva – easy to use, creates graphics for all social media channels, blog posts, newsletters, and much more
- PicMonkey – an easy to use photo editor: resize your photos, touch up unwanted elements, create collages
Download a copy of this list
Would you like to take a copy of this with you? Click on the download button below and we’ll send a copy straight to your email inbox. You’ll also receive weekly music tech tips and news (if you don’t already). You can unsubscribe at any time.
Midnight Music Community: special rate for MTT podcast listeners
The Midnight Music Community (MMC) is an online space for music teachers interested in learning more about music technology. There are online courses, lesson plans and lots of other resources for Chromebooks, iPads, Macs and PCs. Professional development certificates are available for all training undertaken by MMC members and I am in the Community everyday, personally answering questions and offering advice to members.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Here’s how YOU can help
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with your friends and colleagues. It really helps to get the word out about the show.
I would also be so happy if you would consider taking a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.
68 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 46 mins duration .