Assessing Solidarity Among Neo-African Diasporans
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on January 08, 2022 15:37 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 306339270 series 2998447
In our second episode, we explore the degree to which African immigrants living in Western countries are able to exercise solidarity across lines of national origin and come together to address common goals. Discussion points include:
- Why social cohesion and solidarity among immigrants matters
- Ways in which communities of neo-African diasporans come together
- Trends in solidarity across African immigrants from different countries
- Challenges in building solidarity and social cohesion among neo-African diasporans
- Opportunities for building solidarity and social cohesion
Call to Action: We invite you to share your views on:
- In what ways have you seen African immigrants within your community come together?
- Do you have any examples of research done on trends in solidarity across African immigrants from different countries?
- What do you think we as neo-African diasporans should be doing to strengthen solidarity and social cohesion among African immigrants?
- Check out the Petition to designate a National African Immigrant Heritage Month in the US - https://chng.it/VrKPyQH5zS
Visit www.neoafricandiaspora.com to share your views
- African Leadership Group - https://usalg.org/
- African Bridge Network - https://africanbn.org/
- New African Immigrant Commission - https://naic.ohio.gov/
- African Diaspora Network - https://africandiasporanetwork.org/