Manage episode 230962028 series 2498816
Extra! Extra! Hear all about it! It’s another Nice Games Bulletin…
Join us in the Nice Games Clubhouse/Newsroom to hear the latest and greatest news from the video game world. Mortho makes a return (and another and another), Stephen doesn’t want to say “git gud,” (but…), Mark wants to press all the buttons, and (STOP THE PRESSES!) Martha likes board games now.
- “Risk Of Rain 2’s real monster is capitalism, not the ravenous alien horde” – William Hughes, AV Club Games
- “Needle Felting Gives Us All the Feels” – Ashley Little, Bluprint
- “Islanders is a bite-sized palate cleanser of a civilization builder” – Cass Marshall, Polygon
- “‘Super Mario Odyssey’ and ‘Zelda: Breath of the Wild’ are both getting VR support” – Jacob Siegal, BGR
- Labo VR kit launches April 12th, Mario/Zelda support coming April 25th.
- “The Division 2 has a lot to say, but it’s very hard to hear over all the gunfire” – Charlie Hall and Cass Marshall, Polygon
- Martha mentioned a GDC talk about the UI in the first Division game. That talk is available for free on the GDC vault, here.
- In related news, this week a lot of new free content from GDC 2019 became available on the GDC vault: https://www.gdcvault.com/free/
- “She Invented a Board Game With Scientific Integrity. It’s Taking Off.” – Siobhan Roberts, The New York Times
- “Wingspan review: A gorgeous birding board game takes flight” – Aaron Zimmerman, Ars Technica
- Speaking of board games, Minnesota developer Leder Games just made 1.7 million dollars(!!!) on Kickstarter for “Root: The Underworld Expansion.”
- “EA Lays Off 350 People In Marketing, Publishing, And More” – Jason Schreier, Kotaku
- “How BioWare’s Anthem Went Wrong” – Jason Schreier, Kotaku
- “BioWare Boss Addresses Studio Issues, Vows To ‘Continue Working To Solve Them’” – Jason Schreier, Kotaku
- “All the latest details on the new Borderlands game” – Harry Shepherd, PCGamesN
- “Borderlands 3 On PC Is Exclusive To Epic Games Store Until Early 2020” – Tamoor Hussain, Gamespot
- “Review-bombed Borderlands 2 is the first to have user scores thrown out by Steam” – Owen S. Good, Polygon
- “Lawsuit alleges Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford improperly siphoned $12M for personal gain” – Charlie Hall, Polygon
- “Google Stadia has a lot of ‘last mile’ challenges” – Jeff Grubb, Venture Beat
- “The Nintendo Switch in Japan offers a peek at the cloud gaming future” – Sam Byford, Polygon
- “’Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ and the debate over difficulty vs. accessibility” – Adam Rosenberg, Mashable
- “An Easy Mode Has Never Ruined A Game” – Joshua Rivera, Kotaku
129 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 61 mins duration .