Manage episode 234155507 series 1318634
This week in the clubhouse, Stephen breaks the ice, Martha dreams of writing passwords, and Mark makes a Jurassic Park reference (@ us if you recognize it!).
- Our pal Abdiwak Yohannes is making Boji:
- “Super Mario Maker 2 news dump” – Sam Machkovech, Ars Technica
- Mark “invented” the Semi-Automatic Mario level genre for the original Super Mario Maker! It did not catch on…
- We played the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2 for one of our Nice Plays video episodes. Martha hated it.
[0:13:08] Game Length
- “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey really picks up after the first 15 hours” – Ben Kuchera, Polygon
- “Length Matters” – Ben Lindbergh, The Ringer
[0:44:41] Saving and Loading Systems
- “Saved, But Not Forgotten: The evolution of saving in video games” – Mark Christian, Tedium
- “In Dishonored, You’re Either a Cheater or a Serial Killer” – Chris Kohler and Chris Baker, Wired
- LOVE, a “challenging but fair platformer.”
- “How to Hack Your Game Saves: A Basic Guide to Hex Editing” – Alex Wong, Null Byte
- We talked with Andy Korth about how he developed forward compatibility for the save system in Verdant Skies (among other topics) on an episode of Code Comment.
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 63 mins duration .