Manage episode 213493086 series 1318634
This week on Nice Games Club your nice hosts discuss the good, the bad and the ugly of Level Design and Heads Up Displays. Mark has opinions about Sonic, Stephen picks his hill to die on and Martha brings in a pinch hitter.
Picture from this Reddit thread on MMO HUDs
- Mark’s wife Dale and friend of the show Felix have a new podcast- It is called Felix drags Dale through the Marvel Universe and it comes out on July 30th!
[0:14:19] Level Design
- “Ten Principles of Good Level Design (Part 1)” – Dan Taylor, Gamasutra
- Mark and Stephen rant about Sonic the Hedgehog’s level design, but here’s a defence of Sonic & Knuckles on Satchbag’s Goods.
- Koichi Hayashida is the Level Design Director for Mario Galaxy/Director of Mario 3D Land (and lots and lots of other Marios) that Mark mentioned.
- The Structure of Fun: Learning from Super Mario 3D Land’s Director – Christian Nutt, Gamasutra
- Bug! game
150 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 64 mins duration .