Manage episode 220574770 series 1318634
This week on Nice Games Club we talk all about the labor of love that is making games for a living: how it can be great, how it can be not-so-great and how it could get better. Mark reports back from a conference, Martha gets on her soap box and Stephen realizes this podcast has been about documenting his career journey this entire time.
- Joggernauts by local developer Space Mace is on Steam and Switch!
- Joggernauts soundtrack by Robert Frost III
- Adobe MAX
[0:11:44] Game Dev as a Day Job
- Twin Cities Labor Chorus
- “Telltale hit with class-action lawsuit for breaking labor laws” -Samit Sarkar, Polygon
- “Inside Rockstar Games’ Culture of Crunch” -Jason Schreier, Kotaku
- Vox Media Union
- Game Workers Unite
- “Its Time for Game Developers to Unionize” -Jason Schreier, Kotaku
- “Opinion: Now is the Time to Unionize the Game Industry” -Katherine Cross, Gamasutra
- Myles Horton, 20th century union organizer
- “Unions Must Address Racism” -Ian Haney Lopez, AFL-CIO Blog
151 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 65 mins duration .