Manage episode 229692562 series 1318634
In this episode your Nice Hosts talk all about two important aspects of game design that can help more people play your games- Localization Systems and Accessibility! Stephen drives in the snow, Martha gets her nails done and Mark tries to get the baby to go to sleep.
NOTE: The CVAA law that Martha talks a lot about in this episode applies -only- to chat systems in games not to game play. She didn’t realize this at the time of recording- but all the things we talk about are still things to strive for in every part of your game!
Photo credit: Microsoft
[0:07:03] Localization Systems
- “What languages to localize your game into?” -Jacob Stempniewicz, Gamasutra
- “About CVAA: US legislation affecting communications functionality in games, networks and platforms” -IGDA Game Access SIG
- “CVAA for Fostering Innovation and Change” -Sarah Horton, The Paciello Group
- “2018’s Accessibility Advances” -Ian Hamilton, Gamasutra
- Able Gamers
- Game Accessibility
- “What It’s Like To Play Games When You’re Colorblind” -Cameron Gidari, Kotaku
- Xbox Adaptive Controller
- “Designing for Disabilities” Video Series by Mark Brown of Game Maker’s Toolkit
- Photosensitive Epilepsy -Wikipedia
Karen Stevens, EA Sports Accessibility Lead
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 63 mins duration .