Manage episode 223979901 series 1318634
Nice Games Club is on break until January, so your nice hosts can take time to wrap up work on Widget Satchel, coming to PC and consoles in 2019! In the meantime, we picked out a few of our favorite episodes from our first two years in the clubhouse.
One of Mark’s picks, this was our 63rd episode. It was first released on January 2nd, 2018.
Original show notes:
This week, your nice hosts get into it. Stephen is split on everything, Mark is the bad guy, and it’s all Martha’s fault.
[0:03:58] Loot Systems
- “Zelda: Breath Of The Wild Players Are Tricking Amiibos To Grind For Rare Loot” – Ethan Gach, Kotaku
- “Nioh’s latest patch fixes its most annoying flaw” – Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer
- Stephen brought up our recent episode on repetition in games.
- “NeuroVoider Chock-Full of Rogue-Like KillBot Twin-Stick Shooting” – James Cunningham, Hardcore Gamer
- Mark alluded to a few of Bungie’s recent public apologies.
[0:29:30] Loot Boxes
- “Loot boxes in video games will soon get a review flag from OpenCritic” – Sam Machkovech, Ars Technica
- ”What You Need To Know About Shadow of War’s Controversial Loot Boxes” – Patricia Hernandez, Kotaku
- “A Guide To The Endless, Confusing Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy” – Gita Jackson, Kotaku
- “Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford is ‘very much against predatory monetization schemes’” – Dustin Bailey, PCGamesN
- “An inconvenient truth: game prices have come down with time” – Ben Kuchera, Ars Technica
- “I Just Got A Bunch Of Overwatch Gift Cards, And I’m Terrified To Use Them” – Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- “How Luis Von Ahn Turned Countless Hours Of Mindless Activity Into Something Valuable” – Alison Griswold, Business Insider
- Game Designer Damion Schubert posted a thread on Twitter about how to do loot boxes ethically. Mark was not convinced.
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 63 mins duration .