Manage episode 228579693 series 1318634
Your nice hosts are big fans of video games, video game makers, and podcasts. So in this episode we talk all about both sides of the creator-fan relationship and how to create perfect balance in both communicating with fans and telling them to go away so you can work on balancing your game design- our second topic. Stephen shows us how balancing multiplayer and single player games are the same thing, Martha isn’t as unique as she thinks she is and Mark gets 7th tier internet famous. Sorry, he won’t take direct fan mail- please send all your letters to Stephen.
Photo credit: Nintendo of America
Treasure Stack (the game that Stephen gets paid to work on) is out now! It is a fun competitive puzzle game, go buy it!
- Video Games and Music Convention (Formally Gamers Rhapsody)
- Our episode on game soundtracks
- “Google is holding a mysterious gaming press event at GDC next month” -Tom Warren, The Verge
- Drake and Josh “Its spherical!” Video
- Mark is Internet Famous now
- My Brother, My Brother and Me (MBMBaM- pronounced “muhbimbam”) (The McElroy’s flagship podcast of their media empire)
- Listen to this podcast when…
[0:41:00] Game Design Balance
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 63 mins duration .