Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 21, 2019 03:08 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next hour. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 235819063 series 1318634
This week is another Nice Games Jam! We got a prompt from Martha’s Boyfriend Dylan to “make a puzzle game that includes a written document that updates as you play.” You can play the game we came up with in the episode using the rules in the show notes below!
Rules for “Rules”
- Two players
- Some set of blocks (we used 10 cubes), different colors
- The Codemaker comes up with sequence of blocks
- They create a list of four rules to help the Codebreaker player guess the sequence
- Rules cannot specifically place a cube in a place in the sequence
- Rules can only involve one relationship between two sets of cubes
- Read first rule, and the Codebreaker creates a pattern based on rule
- If the sequence is not correct, read the next rule and have the Codebreaker make a new pattern based on the revealed set of rules
- Repeat until the player has created the correct pattern
- If the Codebreaker needs more than the four rules, the code maker then makes a new rule immediately, and the Codebreaker makes a new sequence with these rules.
- The Codemaker can call for a mulligan up to 3 times total in the game so the player can make a new pattern with the same sets of rules
- Scored based how many rules are needed before the code breaker solves the sequence
- Some example rules:
- 1. No same colors touching
- 2. If a sequence of colors appears in the line, it must appear again in reverse
- 3. Green cubes appear before yellow cubes
- 4. Pink cubes appear in-between red cubes
- 5. Any brown cube must touch a dark green cube
- 6. A brown cube may not touch a red cube or a yellow cube
- 7. Light versions of colors come before dark versions of colors
151 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 65 mins duration .