Manage episode 224679348 series 1318634
Nice Games Club is on break until January 15th, so your nice hosts can take time to wrap up work on Widget Satchel, coming to PC and consoles in 2019! In the meantime, we picked out a few of our favorite episodes from our first two years in the clubhouse.
This was our 51st episode. It was first released on October 17th, 2017.
Original show notes:
In this episode, Stephen fights his demons, Martha likes sports now, and Mark learns a lot about both.
[0:02:41] Scope Creep
- Martha took a blacksmithing class! Also, her instructor told her this was a perfect forge weld.
- Martha brought up fighting scope creep on our Train Jam Episode.
- Project management is a way to combat scope creep that we’ve covered before.
- A core concept for your game can help focus ideas as well. We go over this in our Game Design Primer.
- “Facilitator’s Guide to Participatory Decision-Making” – Sam Kaner
- Our post on the r/gamedev. Special thanks to SaxPanther, ledat, GravityGamesInt, Bwob, and DustyPixel for their stories!
- SaxPanther created a battle royale game out of the Unity Roll-A-Ball tutorial.
- ledat shared a story on how one person accidentally created banking software after attempting to streamline coffee orders.
- League of Legends World Championship is happening RIGHT THE DANG NOW!
- Martha will be rooting for her favorite team, C9.
- “Player Signings, Salaries, and More in the Overwatch League™” – Blizzard Entertainment
- “’League of Legends’ ratings top NBA Finals, World Series clinchers” – Patrick Dorsey, ESPN
- An example of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament casting.
- “The Story of DOTA” – Paul Dean, Eurogamer
- “The biggest Call of Duty tournament shines light on growth of esports” – Jordan Crook, TechCrunch
- “The Rise and Fall of StarCraft II as an eSport” – Kevin Hovdestad, IGN
- “How Intellectual Property Rights Are Hurting Esports Teams” – Leonard Langenscheidt, The Esports Observer
- There is, in fact, a Civilization VI eSports scene.
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 63 mins duration .