Manage episode 212287060 series 1318634
This week, Martha admits to piracy, Stephen tells Nintendo to just stop making GameCube controllers already, and Mark tells his favorite video game story which is about buttons because Mark is boring.
- You can wishlist Widget Satchel and Claw Breaker on Steam right now! You can also add Widget Satchel and Claw Breaker to your itch.io collection!
- “Amazing Mario 3 Speedrun Is Full Of Setbacks And Sportsmanship” – Heather Alexandra, Kotaku
[0;11;31] Language of Games
- When snarky players still want to give info against the GM’s wishes, you get this Tweet.
- “Stop, Drop, and Heal: The history of regenerating health” – Jeff Dunn, GamesRadar
- An article from the developers of Mirror’s Edge Catalyst on the new Runner’s Vision.
- “The Sony PlayStation’s buttons get explained by their designer” – John Brownlee, Geek
- “The Japanese Side of the PlayStation Button Confusion” – Richard Eisenbeis, Kotaku
- “The passion of the checkpoint: Why gaming’s most frustrating failure is so hard to fix” – Ben Kuchera, Polygon
- We played the convention-defying game OneShot on our very first Nice Plays episode.
- Rami Ismail documented his mother’s playing through new games on Twitter.
- “The MIT Dropouts Who Created Ms. Pac-Man: A 35th-Anniversary Oral History” – Benj Edwards, Fast Company
- TV Tropes has a list of spiritual successors in video games.
146 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 63 mins duration .