Manage episode 232007422 series 1318634
This week, Martha fills the clubhouse with tales of her trip to the League of Legends Spring Split event in St. Loius, Mark gets to talk about another of his wonky “nonsense topics,” and Stephen can’t quite explain what he doesn’t like about a thing.
- “Long Lost ‘Zork’ Source Code Uploaded to GitHub, But Few People Understand It” – Nicole Carpenter, Motherboard
- Play The Hitchhiker’s Guide To the Galaxy – 30th Anniversary Edition for free in your browser.
[0:09:21] Video Game Events
- “Out of traffic, into a ditch” – Rachel Kraus, Mashable
- City Museum on Wikipedia
- “The Overprotected Kid” – Hanna Rosen, The Atlantic
- Martha took pictures at the 2019 League Championship Series event she attended in St. Louis:
- “My Hunt For The Mysterious Man Or Machine Controlling The Blizzard Arena’s Light-Up Halo” – Maddy Myers, Compete
[0:32:58] Color Theory
- “A Bullet Hell Set In Hell That’s Heaven To Play” – Ethan Gach, Kotaku
- “Color Harmony: Why Hulk Wears Purple Pants” – Rikard, Zeven Design
- “Stop This Absurd War on the Color Pink” – Michael Moyer, Scientific American
- Adobe Color is a free tool to help you create color palettes for your projects.
- Widget Satchel UI (many colors, lower contrast):
- Metro Nexus UI (fewer colors, higher contrast):
- Check out our recent episode where we discuss accessibility, including designing for color blindness.
150 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 64 mins duration .