This series is archived ("Inactive feed" status)Please note series archiving is a new, experimental, feature of Player FM with the aim of helping users understand how we fetch series and report on any issues.
When? This feed was archived on June 23, 2018 22:00 (). Last successful fetch was on March 02, 2018 16:20 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 182031628 series 1467353
Finding INFOSEC Jobs
Finding INFOSEC Jobs is the topic of discussion in episode 2 of the No BS INFOSEC Podcast. In this episode I discuss strategies for finding INFOSEC jobs, questions you should ask yourself, and the company that may be hiring you. Before starting an INFOSEC job search, or IT job search you should be thinking about which industry interests you the most – is it healthcare, energy, technology, or some other industry. The industry you choose to pursue your job search in will determine your upward mobility, engagement level, and career path. What you want to avoid is a job where you get bored, burned out, and maintenance fatigue. Questions you should be asking yourself before you begin the job search are:
- Why are you looking for a new job?
- Is it money, manager, or upward mobility?
- Ho do I bring more value to my present job?
- How do I deal with a manager that is difficult to work with?
- Can I transfer to another area of the company?
Looking and finding the INFOSEC Jobs
- Find company that interests you
- Find how the hiring decision makers are
- Research them on social media
- Connect with them over social media, but don’t ask for a job. Offer help, add value
- Make sure your social media shows your value, experience, and knowledge
- This beats a resume
- Bypass HR to get into the door for an interview
Questions to ask in an INFOSEC Job Interview
- 3 years infosec budget, what was submitted and what was approved
- Infosec initiatives for the past 3 years
- Budget for current year and initiatives
- Current infosec problems and plan of attack
- Upward mobility and career path
- negotiate for as much as possible
- if they can’t pay that, negotiate for more vacation, work from home days, education, training, conferences
4 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 40 mins duration .