Manage episode 271836954 series 2763543
You are going to love today’s podcast conversation. Today I have Natasha Ngindi, aka the Thick Nutritionist on Instagram, on the show to discuss her journey, what is anti-diet, the racist roots of diet culture, why black lives matter is a body positive movement and so much more.
Natasha is the founder of the Thick Nutritionist brand, a Canadian anti-diet nutritionist and entrepreneur. She is also a certified Zumba instructor who promotes enjoyable movement for ALL bodies in a non-judgemental, body-positive environment.
Her lived experiences and higher education in Nutrition Sciences inspired her to start her own brand. Natasha is passionate about spreading the truth about diet culture, body-acceptance, health at every size and intuitive eating. Natasha believes that we all deserve to live a fulfilling life, free of the pressures of diet culture.
In the episode we discuss:
- Natasha’s personal journey to realizing what diet culture is, deciding to ditch the diets and instead make peace with your body and food choices
- What inspired her to create the Thick Nutritionist
- What does being anti-diet mean
- The racist roots of diet culture
- Why the black lives matter movement is also a body positive movement
- Natasha’s journey to becoming a Zumba instructor and discovering joyful movement
- How to ensure you find a way to exercise in a safe, nonjudgemental way
- Natasha shares more about her amazing products from her website and the inspiration behind them
- How Natasha practices wellness without obsession
- Learn more about Natasha on her website and Instagram
Thank you to Ned for sponsoring today’s episode! I am thrilled to have Ned as a new podcast sponsor. I have been waiting to share about my love for CBD oil until I could find the right brand that aligned with my beliefs. Ned produces the highest quality full spectrum CBD oil, extracted from organically grown hemp plants in Colorado.
One of the things I love most about Ned is they do not cut corners in their production. Their CBD oil is made from gentle, slow extraction with no high temperatures or high pressure, and zero isolates and synthetic ingredients.
If you want to check out Ned and try them out for yourself, Ned is offering 15% off AND free shipping to my listeners by using the link included here in the shownotes or you can use the code NOURISHINGWOMEN to receive the discount.
Click here to download my free e-book, Ditch the Diets.
My online course on intuitive eating, Permission Stage Playbook, is currently closed for enrollment but you can join the waitlist by clicking here. Enrollment re-opens later in fall!
Resources for you:
- Learn more about our services at Nourishing Minds Nutrition. Read testimonials from our amazing clients here.
- Join our FREE support group for like-minded women, the Nourishing Women Community. Live Q&As are hosted every week.
Let’s hang out! Connect with Victoria and the staff at NMN: