Manage episode 272100673 series 2763543
It’s been a long time since we last had a podcast episode on intermittent fasting and I thought it was due time to an update, review of the research and to have an honest conversation with you about your need for rules.
It’s common and totally okay to have questions about what is intuitive eating aligned and what is not when it comes to health trends, and even nutrition research. Because intuitive eating isn’t anti-health or even anti-nutrition, and...ALSO...Ultimately, this is your body,and your choice, so if you decide intermittent fasting is for you then it’s your choice to make, but I’m hoping I can give you another perspective on this super popular trend.
Let’s first describe what is intermittent fasting. Intermittent Fasting (IF) is a diet regimen that cycles between brief periods of fasting, with either no food or significant calorie reduction, and periods of unrestricted eating.”
In the episode we discuss:
- What is intermittent fasting and the different types of IF
- The reported benefits of intermittent fasting
- Considerations when reviewing the research on IF
- Potential cons to practicing IF (side effects)
- The weight centric and diet focus of the proponents of IF
- Why IF is inappropriate if you struggle with your relationship with food
- Why we don’t recommend IF for our clients at Nourishing Minds Nutrition
More insight into intermittent fasting:
Click here to download my free e-book, How to Eat for Hormones.
My online course on intuitive eating, Permission Stage Playbook, is currently closed for enrollment but you can join the waitlist by clicking here. Enrollment re-opens later in fall!
Resources for you:
- Learn more about our services at Nourishing Minds Nutrition. Read testimonials from our amazing clients here.
- Join our FREE support group for like-minded women, the Nourishing Women Community. Live Q&As are hosted every week.
Let’s hang out! Connect with Victoria and the staff at NMN: