Manage episode 272956407 series 2763543
I couldn’t be more excited about today's podcast episode! Today on the show I have one of the amazing dietitians at my virtual private practice, Nourishing Minds Nutrition, Kelsey Pukala back on the show. Kelsey is an incredible non-diet dietitian and I am so honored to have her (and Megan, our other dietitian who will be on the show next week!) as part of our team supporting you in your goals with intuitive eating and wellness without obsession.
Kelsey is so great at breaking down complex conversations into an easy to understand way, so I asked Kelsey on the show to discuss how the thyroid is impacted with eating disorders and disordered eating.
In this episode we discuss:
- Kelsey gives an update of what she has been up to lately
- What exactly is the thyroid and what it does in the body
- What a healthy functioning thyroid looks like
- How eating disorders and disordered eating disrupts the thyroid and how this impacts other hormones in the body
- Signs and symptoms that something may be wrong with your thyroid
- What kind of lab tests should be ordered and what indicates altered lab values for your thyroid
- What healing your thryoid looks like in application
- How Kelsey practices wellness without obsession
Kelsey’s past episodes on the podcast:
- Episode 100: Disordered eating as a root cause to digestive issues
- Episode 113: What happens to your body when you lose your period
- Intuitive eating during the holidays
Lab work to order if you are concerned about your thyroid, we recommend not only looking at TSH but also T3, T4, reverse T3 and thyroid antibodies. This is considered a full thyroid panel. While optimal ranges of TSH are technically anywhere from 1-4, a woman in their fertile years should usually have a TSH range of 1-2.
Click here to download my free e-book, Ditch the Diets.
My online course on intuitive eating, Permission Stage Playbook, is currently closed for enrollment but you can join the waitlist by clicking here. Enrollment re-opens later in fall!
Resources for you:
- Learn more about our services at Nourishing Minds Nutrition. Read testimonials from our amazing clients here.
- Join our FREE support group for like-minded women, the Nourishing Women Community. Live Q&As are hosted every week.
Let’s hang out! Connect with Victoria and the staff at NMN: