Manage episode 244669066 series 1745245
It is so easy to make friends when you are 4, or 8. Right? “Hey, do you want to play with me?
Yet it feels so hard when you are 33, or 48. “Um, hi, I think you might be cool and I’d kind of like to know you.”
This episode is all about making it feel a little easier to make those first connections with new people. Because what I’ve discovered is that we can actually learn a lot about how to make friends from how our kids do it. Our adult brains just want to over-complicate the whole thing.
So check out Episode 50 now for some ways to un-complicate making friends as a grown up, and get more confident about saying hello to that cool-looking chick at the park. And then have the courage to try again if that connection doesn’t work out. What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Ideas for where to meet interesting new people.
- How to start a conversation with a stranger.
- How to to make an impression as a good friend.
- How to keep the connection going - without being creepy.
Links for this show:
- Complete show notes for Episode 50
- Sign up to get notified about the upcoming self-care class.
- Connect with Doña on Instagram
- Get the Get Back In Control Of Your Life workbook and get regular updates about the podcast
- Work with Doña - email me a note with what is currently frustrating you and how you'd like your life to feel. I'll reply with the next step in the process.