Manage episode 295062049 series 2524578
How does a kid from a little town in Italy go from working in his family’s floral business to being a top fashion model in Miami to being one of the top ultrarunners in the world? Michele Graglia has done all of that, but he isn’t just about winning long-distance races and setting world records (though he’s won the Moab 240, Yukon Arctic Ultra, Badwater 135, & more). He is most passionate about human potential, helping us redefine what is possible, and motivating each and every one of us to do the same.
TOPICS & TIMES:
- Why Michele’s book Ultra is a big book but a fast read (2:55)
- Growing up in Italy, education, & the family business (11:00)
- How a rainstorm started Michele's modeling career (18:35)
- Weight, Form, & Nutrition: modeling vs ultrarunning (26:41)
- Being disciplined vs remaining open (34:48)
- Diet & experimentation (41:48)
- Coaching running, practicing yoga (54:23)
- Ultrarunning, Yoga, Vedic philosophy, & “getting to the fabric of your soul” (56:08)
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.