Manage episode 266675177 series 2539419
Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show Episode 356 - Bears, Cyclists & Weed
WEEKLY HAPPY | Bear Wakes Drunk Guy
ON THE DOCKET
- Pizza & Pints - Powder Mountain: Roosters Brewing will be doing the tap takeover! Hours of operations will be 5pm to 9pm in Bower Lodge. The health and safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance therefore we will be amending the typical process of Pizza and Pints to follow strict Weber Morgan Health Department and CDC guidelines. Guests will be able to reserve a seat online, then inside, Pizza and Pints will operate more or less like a restaurant with servers. Take-out/pick up orders will now be available.
- July 16, 23, 30, August 6, 13, 20, 27
- Trail Trials - Powder Mountain | Hidden Lake Lodge: Pow Mow Trail Trials is a time-trial format trail running event. Participants will choose their start time during registration and will start individually at one minute intervals to maintain spacing and social distancing.
- July 22, 29, August 5, 12, 19, 26
- Yoga in the Mountains - Snowbasin | Earl’s Lodge Patio: Begin your Saturday by breathing in the fresh air the Wasatch Mountains provide. Find sunshine, cool breezes and zen on the Patio of Earl's Lodge. The one-hour yoga class will combine breath and posture. All-levels welcome! Join us in attaining a state of mindfulness and an improved sense of well-being. All classes are taught by a certified yoga teacher. Afterward, enjoy your complimentary, healthy post-yoga juice and a ride on Needles Gondola to the top of the resort. $25.00 Includes gondola ticket & post-yoga juice.
- Saturday’s 9:00am at Snowbasin
- July 10-11 - Wildflower Trailfest | Powder Mountain
- July 23-26 - Yeti Total Archery Challenge | Snowbasin
- August 8 - Skyline Mountain Marathon | Skyline Trail
IN THE NEWS
- Utahan’s Are Smoking a Lot of Weed
- Utah Rock Art Undamaged After Fire
- Utah Olympic Park Open
- Big Cottonwood Canyon Closed to Cyclists
- Emigration Canyon to Close to Cyclists
- California Condors Return to Sequoia National Park
- TGR Opening Retail Store
- Piolet d’Or 2019 Significant Climbs
- World Champion Snowboarder Dies Freediving
- Woman Falls to Death in Grand Canyon National Park
- Nat Geo Photographer Films Bear Break-in
WORTH WATCHING | A Thousand Ways to Kiss the Ground
WORTH READING | “Returning to the Trails After Time Away” - Alex Nichols
GEAR:30 | Visit gearthirty.com - Outdoor Research 25% OFF - NewWestern Mountaineering Sleeping Bag: Flylite
Listen to the new GEAR:30 Daily Gear Podcast!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK | “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” ― Edgar Allan Poe
Thank you to BANYAN1 for powering today’s 356th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Spotify, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones. ALL SHOW NOTES with links are available at thebanyancollective.com
DM us on Instagram @ogdenadventure
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | Sifting through hours of crappy music, so you don’t have to.
“Brighter Days” | J Boog
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…