Archive this series
This week, we discuss the possibilities of stepping outside our comfort zones. Sometimes, the beginning of a project seems too far out of reach — maybe even more than we can handle — but we find that the sweet spot in the Venn diagram between challenge and uncertainty is exactly what we need to take the work somewhere it couldn’t have gotten to any other way. Also, where have all the Renaissance men gone? William Christenberry is our Photographer of the Week.
Links for this episode:
- On Taking Pictures - Google+ - Assignment: #Complex
- I Love Lucy - On Stage Color Footage (1951) - YouTube
- Beer Shots — Santé Food Photography
- Studs Terkel - "Working"
- Bill's sound-a-like of "Big Shot" from college
- Amelia Earhart - Wikipedia
- Amelia Earhart May Have Survived Flight, New Photo Suggests | Time.com
- Smithsonian Curator Weighs In on Photo That Allegedly Shows Amelia Earhart in Japanese Captivity | Smart News | Smithsonian
- Thomas Ruff's vintage photos of Hollywood actresses - CNN.com
- The Wild Life of Nadar, an Early Photographer Who Knew How to Give a Party - NYTimes.com
- Robert Burridge Studio
- Inkjet Photographic Papers Premium Photo Paper by Red River
- William Christenberry - Wikipedia
- William Christenberry | Photography Artist | Jackson Fine Art
- William Christenberry: Kodachromes
This episode is brought to you by FreshBooks cloud accounting software. Remember to enter "On Taking Pictures" in the where did you hear about us box when signing up for your free 30 day trial.
282 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 88 mins duration .