Manage episode 186696794 series 1462457
I have been interviewed a bunch of times by Jason Middleton. This was my turn to interview him. And what a great time we had! Listen in to what Jason sees as the future of work. Since his radio show, Techonomics on KGO 810 in San Francisco, is located in the center of Silicon Valley, he has a bird's eye view of the trends that are coming soon to a workplace near you.
Having spent time in newsrooms since he was 18, Jason started in radio, then newspapers, magazines, digital content, television, and now, back to radio. His career has included answering reader-submitted questions as a "cub reporter" to covering politics at the national level. He has also built content teams for multimedia consumption at NBC and LA.com.
Now Jason focuses on Silicon Valley trends, as well as business news reporting. He is also a marketing consultant, focusing on market research, analysis and corporate pivots.
In Jason's talk today, you will hear all about the coming changes in artificial intelligence and machine learning, the robots that are almost here, and how robotics will transform society in the not-too-distant future. Don't miss it!
In this episode, Jason Middleton and I discuss:
- Social media impact on journalism and newsrooms
- Confirmation bias in storytelling
- Getting the facts right with artificial intelligence
- As robots rise, how artificial intelligence will impact our jobs
- Embracing technology
- Education and social change
- Thriving at the speed of change
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jason's Techonomics show
- Cory Doctorow book: “Walkaway”
- My book: “On the Brink: A Fresh Lens to Take Your Business to New Heights”
- Simon Associates Management Consultants website
67 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 26 mins duration .