Manage episode 290324565 series 2550832
Nick Neuman, the CEO of multisig software provider Casa, joins the show to discuss how to harden your Bitcoin custody setup. In this episode:
- Nick's own journey to Bitcoin and to becoming CEO of Casa
- Casa's design philosophy
- The merits of native multisig on Bitcoin
- Casa's decision to stay Bitcoin-only
- Nick's experience raising capital as a Bitcoin-only startup
- Is it easier to be a Bitcoin-only startup today?
- How complicated is multisig?
- Why Casa recommends the usage of multiple brands of hardware wallets
- Why self-custody matters
- Nick's vision for the future and how private keys will power the decentralized web
- Nick's responses to common criticisms of Casa
- The purpose of Casa's new subaccounts feature
Copper is transforming how institutional investors engage with digital assets by developing award-winning custody and next-gen trading infrastructure. Headquartered in London, the firm is scaling rapidly across Asia and North America to bring its suite of products to a wider pool of institutional investors. To learn more visit copper.co or reach out on Twitter, @CopperHQ
Aave is a decentralized, open source, and non-custodial protocol where users can deposits and borrow digital assets, and earn interest on those assets. Head over to aave.com to experience and learn more about DeFi.