Manage episode 197879925 series 1988243
Joining me today is my good mate Alex Loft and in this episode, we discuss our experiences with distribution tools to date. (note: my ideas and opinions are constantly changing and probably already have again, do what’s best for you!)
· What is distribution and why is it important?
· Manual distribution techniques: what we’re currently doing
· Different tools on the market
· Alex’s distribution tool prototype (3D printed version)
· Why was the distribution tool invented?
· What the tools are trying to achieve
· How to use the tools (side note: spin fast)
Bonus content: 2 and a half minutes at the end of myself talking about my first experience using the San Remo Café Racer in café a setting!
Further Reading: (if you’re up for it)
Even espresso distribution 5 senses: https://www.fivesenses.com.au/blog/level-even-espresso-distribution/
BH how to distribute by tapping: https://baristahustle.com/blogs/barista-hustle/how-to-distribute-by-tapping
BH distribution for espresso: https://baristahustle.com/blogs/barista-hustle/distributing-for-espresso
Socratic Coffee examining the impact of OCD and OCD 2 on extraction TDS: http://socraticcoffee.com/2016/12/examining-the-impact-of-the-ocd-on-total-dissolved-solids-extraction/
How to correctly set the Pullman Chisel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHYMoFYFhgU
How to use the OCD tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaKLul0c-Uk
6 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 30 mins duration .