Manage episode 271844748 series 2787983
Dr Jeff Sharman from the Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center discusses clinical trials evaluating the use of Bruton tyrosine kinase inhibitors as treatment for patients with SARS-CoV-2.
- Roschewski M et al. Inhibition of Bruton tyrosine kinase in patients with severe COVID-19. Science Immunol 2019;5(48):eabd0110. Abstract
- AstraZeneca initiates CALAVI clinical trial with Calquence against COVID-19 [press release]. April 14, 2020.
- Chong EA et al. BTK inhibitors in cancer patients with COVID19: “The winner will be the one who controls that chaos” (Napoleon Bonaparte). Clin Cancer Res 2020;[Published OnlineFirst]. Abstract
- COVID-19 and CLL: Frequently Asked Questions. Hematology.org. May 6, 2020;Version 1.3.
- Mehta P et al. COVID-19: Consider cytokine storm syndromes and immunosuppression. Lancet 2020;395(10229);1033-4. Correspondence
- Koffman B et al. Management of CLL patients early in the COVID-19 pandemic: An international survey of CLL experts. Am J Hematol 2020;[Epub ahead of print]. Correspondence
- Treon ST et al. The BTK inhibitor ibrutinib may protect against pulmonary injury in COVID-19–infected patients. Blood 2020;135(21):1912–5. Full text