Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 22, 2019 01:49 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 164613126 series 49323
This month on Open Apple, we share an excerpt of an interview with John Brooks, courtesy of Juiced.GS. John talks about how and why he updated ProDOS, and his experiences getting back into the community.
Tune in to hear Quinn lose 20 years of time perception around the Tiger Learning Computer, then pretend to know stuff about power supplies. Meanwhile, Mike waxes nostalgic about high school computer labs and tries to unload his excess Apple IIs on unsuspecting community members.
We try out a new segment this month, and we hope you like it! No spoilers- you’ll just have to listen and see what we’re up to.
More information on everything discussed in this episode, after the jump.
- Juiced.GS interview – Ken Gagne chats up John Brooks about ProDOS 2.4.
- ProDOS 2.4 – The “official” home of John’s update.
- Tiger Learning Computer – The educational toy with an Apple II under the hood.
- Tanru Nomad – Brian Picchi’s Apple-II-centric YouTube channel.
- Steve Jobs in images – Images of Steve Jobs. No, really.
- A2Heaven’s Apple II VGA Scaler – Finally, a VGA solution for people with slots.
- Bluetooth controller with Apple II theme – With a 9-pin dongle for Apple II use!
- Quinn’s Apple II gamepad – Make your own modern style controller.
- Dynacomp 240V dissection – Find out how that Aussie power supply works.
- ReactiveMicro Docs – Henry Corbis shares all his reverse engineering.
- The Goldbergs go deep – A fantastic Apple II classroom callback that gets it right.
- Chris Zuhar’s Apple /// clone – Step 1: make a blog!
- Retrochallenge 2016/10 – Happening now! Apple II projects expected to win.
- Egan “Datajerk” Ford – Update to Apple II Disk Server!
- Terry “Tezza” Stewart – The Kiwi with the cool videos.
- Cider Press rewrite – Andrew Wells rewriting it in C#.
- Apple II canned – A very unique tribute.
- Vintage BBS List updated – For all your redialing pleasure.
- Quinn’s digital archeology – Includes her sad attempt at a BBS.
- Plamen needs a IIc Plus – Lend him one for awesome product development.
- Rack mount portable IIgs – You probably can’t get one, but neat!
- Ben Heck’s IIgs – The gold standard of IIgs portables.
- That’s not all – Other IIgs portable efforts.
- Softalk Vol 1, No 1 – Follow along as we dig through the classic magazines.