Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on August 22, 2019 01:49 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 198269061 series 49323
This month on Open Apple, we sit down with Ken Gagne and Andy Molloy of Juiced.GS, the longest running continuously published Apple II magazine (that you can still get in your mailbox to this day!). Juiced.GS is in its 23rd year, which has to be a record for magazines of almost any type.
Ken and Andy talk about the bloodless coup of the magazine, the long history of same, where things are headed, and why they hates trees.
Meanwhile, Quinn and Mike chat about FPGAs, nuclear weapons, and BBSes. What do you do when you need a mathematically provably correct piece of hardware to verify nuclear weapons compliance? Why, you grab your Apple II, of course! Duh!
Here’s a time sensitive news item that didn’t make it into the show- vote for Nox Archaist and Lawless Legends for your favorite Ultima-inspired indie games of 2017!
Stay tuned for a Tech segment where we follow up on last episode and go even deeper on fast IIgs graphics. There’s always more to know about the intricacies of squeezing performance out of this unique and beautiful machine.
More information on everything discussed in this episode, after the jump.
- Juiced.GS – Subscribe here and get Apple II goodness direct to your mailbox every quarter!
- Tiger Learning Computer – Andy’s photo gallery of this fascinating artifact.
- Juiced.GS FAQ – Find out why there’s no PDF, and stop asking Ken about it.
- Byteworks Tools – Now for sale from Juiced.GS.
- IIgs Build Pipeline – Jeremy Rand’s ORCA/GoldenGate-based tool chain.
- Apple II+ FPGA – All the cool kids are doing it.
- Apple I on an ESP8266 – A very unique torturing of a commodity device.
- Apple II for Nukes – What to do when you need to really verify something.
- Ready Player ][ – A BBS scavenger hunt! With prizes!
- Jeremy Barr-Hyde’s Collection – More goodies here and here!
- CFFA Run 5! – This is great news!!
- DOS 4.4 – A skunkworks project from Brutal Deluxe.
- Virtual II Updated – The best emulator keeps getting better.
- Call A.P.P.L.E – 2017 winter magazine released.
- Apple IIe is 35 – Happy birthday to the letter ‘E’.
- ADT Pro 2.0.2 – Not compatible with High Sierra? Be careful.
- ProDOS 2.4.2 – Now in Beta!
- Nox Archaist Kickstarter – It’s rebooting. Stay tuned!
- Prince of Persia – It changed the way game animation is done.
- Jason Scott and Benj Edwards – They both have new podcasts. Give a listen!
- Apple Time Warp – A rare gem of a podcast. Worth your patience.
- Eaten By A Grue – The best internationally co-hosted Infocom podcast.
- Kevin Savetz