Manage episode 320984044 series 2832656
Welcome to Over the Rainbow, the podcast: a safe space and voice for all queer identities.
Episode 45: LGBTQ+ Youth Support with Molly at the Proud Trust (she/her):
In this episode, Molly and I are talking about the challenges facing queer youth and what The Proud Trust does to support them.
The Proud Trust is an LGBTQ+ organisation that supports LGBTQ+ young people through youth groups, peer support, mentoring programs and the Proud Connections chat service across the North West of the UK.
Over the Rainbow Spotlight:
Wunderpop is an LGBTQ+ positive and equity apparel store. It’s a queer, BIPOC business. Their designs are focused on uplifting the queer community. They partner with non-profits to make sure the business gives back to the queer community.
More about The Proud Trust:
More about Wunderpop:
Resources mentioned in today’s episode:
· Proud Connections: https://www.theproudtrust.org/proud-connections/
· Rainbow Flag Award
· Find People Like me: https://www.theproudtrust.org/young-people/youth-groups/
· Juno Dawson
o This Book is Gay
o What’s the T?
· One Day At A Time
· The Trevor Project: https://www.thetrevorproject.org
More information on this podcast:
· Instagram: @_overtherainbowpodcast
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/overtherainbowpodcast13
· Twitter: @overrainbowpod
· Reading the Rainbow book club: https://www.facebook.com/groups/readingtherainbow
Music: Find Your Way Beat by Nana Kwabena