Manage episode 198489948 series 29793
In the wake of the recent shootings in Parkside High School, actor and comedian Michael Ian Black commented that “Deeper than the gun problem is this: boys are broken."
And it’s in no small part because that all men grow up steeped in a culture that teaches us to be men in ways that are frankly, toxic. We live in a society that actively harms young men and pushes them towards violence and isolation. It's time to talk about the effects that toxic masculinity has on boys and men, and on society as a whole.
- Why the Parkland shooting means that we need to talk about what it means to be a man
- How society teaches boys to be violent and angry
- How toxic masculinity is literally sold to us
- Why non-traditional forms of masculinity can seem so threatening to others
- How non-toxic masculinity can co-exist with traditional masculine ideals
...and so much more.
Like the podcast? Consider becoming a Dr. NerdLove patron at Patreon.com/DrNerdLove
Want more dating advice? Check out my books at www.doctornerdlove.com/books
115 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 17 mins duration .