Manage episode 189317118 series 29793
There's a time and place for everything, including getting to know amazing new women. But the fact that you're attracted to someone doesn't mean that it's a good idea to try to pick them up. If you don't understand the dynamics of flirting or the social context involved, you end up looking like a pushy jerk at best or a creeper and a predator at worst.
This week, we're going to talk about the dynamics that affect when, where and how flirting is permitted... and when it's a bad idea.
- What most men never realize when they want to hit on someone
- Why we root for the underdog hitting on the celebrity
- How power-imbalances make even innocent flirtation incredibly stressful
- Why the context of a situation changes everything about flirting
- How to refine your social calibration
...and so much more
Like the podcast? Consider becoming a Dr. NerdLove patron at Patreon.com/DrNerdLove
Want more dating advice? Check out my books at www.doctornerdlove.com/books
114 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 17 mins duration .