Manage episode 283707430 series 2364808
Each of us must understand that they will go through hard things in life. However, we must also never fall into despair or overwhelming anxiety. That is where resilience comes in. Being resilient is the ability to believe that we can go through hard things and, though we may be changed by them, still survive.
Today, I brought Amelia Richardson Dress onto the show to talk more about resilience. She is the author of the brand new book, The Hopeful Family: Raising Resilient Children in Uncertain Times. Amelia understands the importance of being resilient and passing that onto our children. If you are a parent needing guidance in this area, you will benefit greatly from what Amelia shares. Tune in!
- Amelia’s definition of resilience.
- The importance of grief and hope within resilience.
- Why it is so important to have interfaith interactions.
- The practice that was hardest for Amelia to implement and how she grew in it.
- How to help our kids learn intentional, real rest.
- Life hacks for implementing spiritual practices.
- How naming our routines and shifting them when we need to helps us with our spiritual practices.
- How to grow our resilience so we can more easily let our kids go through hard things.
- Thinking about parenting as hospitality.
- How humor can be a spiritual practice.
- Why we sometimes have to embrace the dark realities of life.
Links (affiliates included):
Amelia’s website, The Hopeful Family: Raising Resilient Children in Uncertain Times - http://www.ameliadress.com
Parenting After Purity Culture Conference - https://www.parentingforwardconference.com
Join us at the Parenting Forward Patreon Team - https://www.patreon.com/cindywangbrandt
Parenting Forward, the Book - https://amzn.to/3g0LJPn
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Danny Ozment.
He helps thought leaders, influencers, executives, HR professionals, recruiters, lawyers, realtors, bloggers, coaches, and authors create, launch, and produce podcasts that grow their business and impact the world.
Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com