Manage episode 275424878 series 2776584
If you are the owner and CEO of your organization, or if you are the intern in an organization, I guarantee you, what we're going to talk about today can apply to you where you're at.
Oftentimes the larger an organization becomes, the less we think about our work as a contribution. But in reality, if your work isn't a contribution, if it's not driving some outcome, if it's not pointed towards some results, then all you're doing is filling a seat.
To be intentional about contributions, we're going to focus on three contributions the impact-driven leader should be focused on:
- A Compelling Vision
- No one follows a leader who doesn’t know where they’re going.
- Good leaders catch a vision. Great leaders cast vision, life-changing leaders coach vision.
- An Environment of Unity
- Recognition and encouragement have to be a priority.
- Repetition of the mission, vision, and values.
- Every team member should know and agree on:
- Why does the business exist?
- Where is this business going?
- What does this business stand for?
- A Framework For Accountability And Support
- Properly set expectations and regularity communicate
- Unspoken expectations create front-loaded resentment
- Expectations without accountability are useless
- Accountability without expectations is miserable
- Five questions that will help you provide accountability and support:
- What is your top priority right now?
- What does winning look like?
- What are the blockers that are getting in the way?
- How can I help with those blockers?
- When should we follow up?