Manage episode 227598504 series 1348254
Phylecia Jones, founder of Keeping Up With Mrs. Jones, is on the podcast today. Rich and Marcus met Phylecia at Fincon 2016 in San Diego and since then have kept in touch. Phylecia is a “budgetologist” and helps entrepreneurs manage the money they have as well as generate more money making opportunities in their business.
Currently Phylecia is living the laptop lifestyle and is on a cross-country RV trip with her husband. In this episode she talks to the guys about first jobs, taking the leap into entrepreneurship, paying off debt, lifestyle creep for six figure earners, pensions being a thing of the past, budget must have’s and using public speaking engagements to covert people into your business programs.
- Giving up “things”
- Spending everything on traveling
- Money as a taboo subject growing up
- Being a women in the workforce
- Finding a mentor
- Quitting the 9-5 without second guessing it
- Clearing out savings to pay debt
- Lifestyle creep and living on the margin on a six figure salary
- Pensions are a thing of the past
- Budget must have’s
- Post-it note budgeting
- Using speaking engagements to draw people into your businesses ecosystem
Key Takeaway: Stop worrying about what other people think of you; get financial help if you need it. Stop trying to impress people with your money. You’re not keeping up with the Jones’s; the Jones’s are responsible.
Paychecks & Balances
138 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 52 mins duration .