Manage episode 246022809 series 1348254
Today we welcome the host of “How to be Awesome at Your Job”, Pete Mockaitis to the show. Each week, Pete grills thought-leaders and results-getters to discover specific, actionable insights that boost work performance. He also runs an Enhanced Thinking & Collaboration (ETC) Training Program, which aims to improve businesses, foster collaboration and reduce wasted time. He’s provided 1-on-1 coaching to 700+ professionals from elite organizations such as Google, the UN, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, FedEx, McKinsey, Apple and more, across 50 countries and all Ivy League schools.
In this episode, you’ll hear Pete talk about consulting, starting his own business, and how to channel deep focus for difficult tasks.
- What’s sexy about consulting?
- The challenges of consulting
- Pete’s love for transforming people and making a move towards entrepreneurship
- What is my offering? Who are my customers? How do I acquire my audience?
- 400 days’ worth of savings before starting a business
- House Hacking
- Happiness is the key to being awesome at your job
- The 80/20 Rule
- Scheduling uninterrupted-deep-work time
- Stay in touch with your network (“Build the well before you’re thirsty.”)
- Syncing up with your manager
Key Takeaway: When you’re trying to achieve your dreams, you must set yourself up for success. Define what success looks like, have a substantial savings to float you for a time, and create a strategy for your potential customers.
Paychecks & Balances
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petemockaitis/ Instagram: https://www.discoveryourtalentpodcast.com/podcast/pete-mockaitis/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/peteawe?lang=en Podcast: https://awesomeatyourjob.com/podcast/