Manage episode 211544161 series 2327587
Today we have the mighty Dom D’Agostino who is at the forefront of the science behind why low carb diets work and specifically the more extreme form of a low carb diet you’ve probably heard a lot about lately - the ketogenic diet. It can be used therapeutically with the help of doctors to treat and reverse diseases like type 2 diabetes and epilepsy. It can also help the everyday person lose a lot of weight if done correctly. It’s not a fad diet - although it currently could be considered a fad just because technically it is very popular right now and might get less popular in the future. It is however quite the opposite as our ancestors have likely been eating in a similar way for millions of years depending on the geography, time of year, and current world climate.
I’d like to apologize for not checking the audio while I recorded - there was a effects knob on my old school mixer I use that got turned on and it put some sort of concert hall echo effect on my voice.
The indiegogo campaign is going well - thanks for the support. Again - I’m not trying to make any money off this film (and I surely won’t), just break even and fund the rest of post production. So watch the trailer and preorder copy to support us.
- Dom’s many conferences and travels spreading info on his research
- What research he does
- Helping people understand the benefits of a ketogenics diet
- Fasting, ketosis, the military, and seizures
- Neurodegenerative diseases and burning ketones
- Evolutionary function of ketones
- How to not be slave to sugar
- Choosing fat as your energy source makes it easier to control your hunger, keep your brain happy, and eat fewer calories
- Don’t have to go high fat
- Teens with type 2 diabetes eating tons of carbs
- Carbohydrate intolerance
- Intermittent Fasting
- Cancer as a metabolic disease
- The Warburg Effect
- Glucose, ketones, and cancer and how the ketogenic diet helps prevent tumor growth
- More stuff on ketones and the future of beta hydroxybutyrate as an endogenous metabolite
- The Charlie Foundation and curing epilepsy and seizures with the ketogenic diet https://charliefoundation.org
- The Metabolic Health Summit in January 2019 in Los Angeles https://metabolichealthsummit.com
Preorder the film here: http://indiegogo.com/projects/food-lies-post Film site: http://FoodLies.org Podcast site: http://Peak-Human.com Youtube: http://youtube.com/c/foodlies Follow along: http://twitter.com/FoodLiesOrg http://instagram.com/food.lies http://facebook.com/FoodLiesOrg Theme music by https://kylewardmusic.com/