Part 80 - Dr. Nadir Ali on Why Plant Sterols Are Bad, LDL Can Be Good, and ApoE4 Does Not Mean You’ll Get Alzheimer’s
Manage episode 259483065 series 2327587
Hello, hello my healthy friends! Here’s some news for you - I don’t have Sars-CoV-2. I did the antibody test at Evolve Healthcare with Dr. Gary who co-founded Sapien with me. He has some tests if anyone is nearby. I just did it because I was curious. I haven't felt the slightest bit bad or even coughed yet in 2020 so it’s not because I had any symptoms. Still doing my living room workouts and sprinting 5 days per week and eating nose to tail.
You can get your own official http://nosetotail.org grass finished, American raised, beyond organic meat at http://nosetotail.org We actually have a bit left this week. Usually we sell out by Tuesday night but you can still order if you get a jump on it. It’s the best way to support food producers directly. I’m sure people have heard about processing middlemen jacking up prices and disrupting the supply chain to grocery stores. I’ve still seen grocery store shelves empty all while meat sold by producers is at bargain basement price. It’s messed up. Support your local farms or get it online from us and we’ll ship it straight to you. The primal ground beef is the best seller and it includes liver, heart, kidney, and spleen making it a true superfood.
Stay in touch by getting on the newsletter at http://Sapien.org there will be some special content given out there. There’s also a bunch of special content for Patreon supporters at http://patreon.com/peakhuman Remember this is a community powered show and if you’re getting value from this podcast and have gotten healthier or lost some weight, maybe you can put a little wind in the sail to keep this boat goin!
The Food Lies film editing is going well. I just had a good meeting today reviewing some of the footage. We’re shipping out the new batch of “Eat Meat” shirts this week so get them while you can at http://indiegogo.com/projects/food-lies-post and support the film!
Dr. Nadir Ali is an interventional cardiologist with over 25 years of experience. He is also the chairman of the Department of Cardiology at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center. He has several years of experience using the Low Carbohydrate High Fat (LCHF) diet in the treatment of metabolic disease, diabetes, and heart disease to improve the quality of cholesterol. He and his team organize free monthly diet seminars at the Searcy Auditorium of the Clear Lake Hospital that receives more than 100 visitors.
All of his work and presentations are fantastic - please check them out on youtube. Until then you can get to know him a bit in our 2 hour interview. He’s got so much good info in his noggin we just kept talking, even with the 30 minutes we did before we started recording. Please listen closely to this one! Here’s Dr. Nadir Ali.BUY THE MEAT NosetoTail.org Support me on Patreon! http://patreon.com/peakhuman Preorder the film here: http://indiegogo.com/projects/food-lies-post SHOW NOTES
- [0:40] How Nadir Ali got into his journey of the low carb lifestyle.
- [4:35] Becoming metabolically healthy in many cases can actually lead to your LDL cholesterol to rise.
- [11:35] The history of why much of the science community wrongly thinks LDL cholesterol is bad.
- [21:45] Phytosterol, the toxic cholesterol from plants.
- [23:35] The role of cholesterol in our brains.
- [25:30] To be able to feed the brain you must be able to absorb highly nutritious foods quite quickly.
- [34:30] Why Dr. Ali thinks we need to stop demonizing insulin.
- [45:40] Why a vegan diet is most likely not the most optimal diet.
- [50:55] Why phytosterols are bad for you.
- [56:10] What you need to know about PcSK9 and how it regulates cholesterol.
- [1:03:05] The paradox of some ethnicities where they are not obese but not healthy either.
- [1:06:12] Personal fat threshold.
- [1:10:20] Why fasting and feasting is such a beneficial practice.
- [1:19:10] How adiponectin can tell you if you are metabolically healthy.
- [1:22:00] ApoE4 and how it relates to Alzheimer’s and dementia.
BUY THE MEAT NosetoTail.orgSupport me on Patreon! http://patreon.com/peakhuman Preorder the film here: http://indiegogo.com/projects/food-lies-post Film site: http://FoodLies.org YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/FoodLies Follow along: http://twitter.com/FoodLiesOrg http://instagram.com/food.lies http://facebook.com/FoodLiesOrg