Manage episode 228408056 series 1757536
Known worldwide for pursuing an incredible list of 100 Things that he wants to achieve before he dies, Sebastian Terry’s story is surprisingly not about a bucket list. It’s about something more far-reaching: permission, choice, growth and connection.
Affected by a curious mind and the death of a close friend, Sebastian experienced a moment in his life where he asked himself a simple question: ‘Am I happy?’. The answer was NO, so he decided to pen down a list of 100 Things that he’d always wanted to achieve.
Following his heart and armed with nothing but a list, Sebastian's incredible story has grown from an entertaining tale of adventure into a global philanthropic movement that engages a growing tribe of hundreds of thousands to not just set meaningful goals, but pull the trigger and achieve them - all whilst helping others do the same.
“I thought initially that it would take me 100 Things to reach a state of fulfillment but it’s taken me 72 things to realize that ‘ticks’ are just the beginning. The key to growth and happiness is finding out who you are on a primal level and then being that person, each and every day.”
Today 100 Things acts as a conduit, introducing those in need of help to those who are able to help. This latest evolution is called Kindsum. In this way, the journey has become less about Sebastian's list and more about the art of helping. Sebastian spends his time traveling the world connecting strangers to help each other.
Turned into a best selling book (‘100 Things’), an ESPN documentary (‘100 things to do before you die’) and most recently a US-based reality TV show (‘100 Things') where Sebastian travels the world helping complete strangers achieve their specific dreams, 100 Things inspires people and organizations to gain perspective, think big and be the best they can be on every level so that others can follow suit.
From marrying a stranger in Las Vegas, delivering a baby in Canada and even representing the Mauritian national rugby team at the African Championships (they won!), Sebastian’s most profound moment was when he was first contacted by a suicidal stranger who needed help.
100 Things is no longer about one person, it’s about everybody.
Guaranteed to make you laugh, cry and inspire motivation, the 100 Things keynote is like no other and will re-engage, connect and inspire your organization to move forward as one. You can follow him on his journey through Facebook at @whatsonyourlist and Instagram at @seb100things
Listen as we talk about:
- Why the greatest thing he's ever done has been helping someone else
- His thought process to leave everything behind in pursuit of his list
- The wonderful serendipity that has come into his life from fully pursuing his list
- Why he never makes pursuing money a priority
- Why the first step to enhancing your life is getting clarity with where you are now
- How to learn your way into stepping into opportunities successfully
- How to feel entirely empowered and in control of your life
- How surfing allows him to step away from the intensity of pursuing your purpose
- Why we're all just seeking connection
- Why he thinks you live a better life by helping people instead of ticking things off your list
- ESPN’s: "THE LIST”
- Goalcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbOobNDcukE&t=66s
- Sign up or hear more about our Path to Purpose course via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join our purpose seeking podcast community at...
- Help More Find Their Purpose by Donating to the Podcast