Manage episode 264417607 series 1757536
Dr. Benjamin Hardy is an organizational psychologist, successful entrepreneur and bestselling author of Willpower Doesn't Work. His blog is read by millions of people monthly and featured on Forbes, Fortune, CNBC, Cheddar, Big Think, and many others.
He came from a broken home and has decided and committed to change his future for the better. Today, he adds priceless value to audiences around the world helping them to break free from the shackles of what they perceive as a permanent personality. He is a regular contributor to Inc. and Psychology Today and from 2015-2018 he was the #1 writer in the world on Medium.com with over 100 million readers.
Dr. Hardy has a new, controversial, and mind-blowing book coming out June 16th, 2020 called Personality Isn’t Permanent. The new book - Personality isn’t Permanent debunks the most pervasive myths about personality, explains why personality tests like Myers-Briggs and Enneagram are non-scientific, harmful, and lead people to mediocrity and reveals how past traumas negatively shape personality, and how-to re-frame those traumas and change your memories and identity narrative.
Dr. Hardy speaks and trains at a wide range of events. On top of his career successes, he and his wife Lauren adopted three children through the foster system in February 2018 and, one month later, Lauren became pregnant with twins, who were born in December of 2018. Today they live in Orlando.
Get to know more about Dr. Benjamin : ⬇️
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS and WEBSITE
- Personality Isn't Permanent - https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/607021/personality-isnt-permanent-by-benjamin-hardy-phd/
Mentioned in this Episode: 👇🏽
- Dr. Joe Dispenza - https://drjoedispenza.com/
- Breaking The Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza - https://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Habit-Being-Yourself-Create/dp/1401938094
- Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl -https://www.amazon.com/Mans-Search-Meaning-Viktor-Frankl/dp/080701429X
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey - https://www.amazon.com/Habits-Highly-Effective-People-Powerful/dp/0743269519
- Spiritual Roots of Human Relations by Stephen R. Covey - https://www.amazon.com/Spiritual-Roots-Human-Relations-Stephen/dp/0875797059
- Mindset by Carol Dweck - https://www.amazon.com/Mindset-Psychology-Carol-S-Dweck/dp/0345472322
Listen as we talk about: 👂🏽
- How adopting kids helped him overcome his trauma and foster a new personality and purpose
- His ability to reshape the future based on past negative experiences
- How he defines purpose as a freely chosen task
- His new book, Personality Isn't Permanent, and its core message
- How to get better at visualizing and understanding the future self you want to create
- His advice on building transformational relationships with mentors you look up to
Connect with the PEOPLE OF PURPOSE community:
✔️ SUBSCRIBE TO THE PEOPLE OF PURPOSE PODCAST
- Go to our https://linktr.ee/PeopleofPurposePodcast to subscribe in your favorite listening platform.
✔️ RATE AND REVIEW OUR PODCAST CHANNEL
- Leaving a quick rating and a short review of how People of Purpose has impacted you is super helpful. Feedback from awesome people like you will help us know what People of Purpose has been doing great and what we can improve on. If you would like to know how to leave a review, here are the instructions.
✔️ SHARE YOUR PURPOSE THROUGH OUR PODCAST
- To contact our team with a podcast opportunity, email us at email@example.com
✔️ HELP OUR COMMUNITY BY DONATING
- Lend us a hand in helping others find their purpose by donating to our podcast on Patreon.