071 Part 1: Matt Ellingson - On The Role of Relationships in Impactful and Effective Disaster Relief Efforts
Manage episode 266261715 series 1757536
Matt Ellingson is the Director of Relief & Humanitarian Affairs at Food for the Hungry, a global humanitarian organization that walks with the world’s most vulnerable to help them graduate from extreme poverty.
With over 20 years’ experience in relief and development, Matt has worked in some of the world’s most difficult contexts and complex environments on efforts including relief, disaster risk reduction, refugee and displacement, resiliency, and development. His strong relational and cultural experience has spanned Asia, Europe, Sub-Sahara Africa, South, and Central America and Haiti and he seeks to contribute to the good through Food for the Hungry and the National Committee on North Korea, Global Food Security Cluster (WFP) and starting now, the Platform on Disaster Displacement (PDD)
Matt is driven by finding innovative ways to address age-old relief challenges such as natural disasters and refugee displacement to build resiliency. He is a firm believer in relationships having the power to bridge the gaps that systems and processes may fail to bridge – and that poor relationship can render any design ineffective.
Get to know more about Matt : ⬇️
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS and WEBSITE
Food for the Hungry
- Website - https://www.fh.org/
Listen as we talk about: 👂🏽
- His take on relationships and when did he begin to understand its importance
- His leadership styles and what he does as a leader that sets him apart
- His journey in the Indian, Punjab region, and how this experience led him to understand his purpose.
- The organization Food for the Hungry and shared how it has been providing help to the community.
Connect with the PEOPLE OF PURPOSE community:
✔️ RATE AND REVIEW OUR PODCAST CHANNEL
- Leaving a quick rating and a short review of how People of Purpose has impacted you is super helpful. Feedback from awesome people like you will help us know what People of Purpose has been doing great and what we can improve on. If you would like to know how to leave a review, here are the instructions.
✔️ SUBSCRIBE TO THE PEOPLE OF PURPOSE PODCAST
- Go to our https://linktr.ee/PeopleofPurposePodcast to subscribe in your favorite listening platform.
✔️ SHARE YOUR PURPOSE THROUGH OUR PODCAST
- To contact our team with a podcast opportunity, email us at email@example.com