Manage episode 155148025 series 1148131
Grab a free audiobook on us!
Today, Jody and I talk about relationship-building.
How do you help deal with or counsel a patient who distrusts you for reasons outside of your control?
How to build trust with patients
– Speak their language, don’t talk down to people
– “Never believe that just because you have a degree, that you’ve earned people’s respect”
– Sometimes, telling the truth can be awkward
– Address the mental barrier
– “Let’s talk about the elephant in the room”
— One of the most powerful human interaction
— Active listening
— “Put yourself in their situation”
35 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours .