Manage episode 169813642 series 1330012
Two awesome guests join this week, from two different framework projects, both who have been very vocal about their interest in PSR-7: HTTP Message. These two chaps were Hari K T and Matthew Weier O’Phinney.
Now PSR chats can be a little boring when its about autoloading or tabs v bloody spaces, but this PSR could have some really big impact on the way you write PHP over the next few years.
We talk a bunch about Aura and Zend and their plans around middlewares, what motivated Matthew to get involved with taking over PSR-7, what middlewares mean for PHP in general and some of the concerns that have been fixed in recent iterations of the PSR like mutability, streams, etc.
There also a bit of chat about turtles, standing desks and broken ribs, while Phil slowly goes loopy on pain killers.
- 7PHP Interview with Josh Lockhart - “The Guy Behind ‘PHP The Right Way’ – Find Good Online Resources And Communities & Use Them To Your Advantage”
- Experimenting on a different Framework - Hari writes about experimenting with bits of Symfony together via Composer packages
- PSR-7 By Example - Matt wrote up some examples of PSR-7 in use
- StackPHP - Composing HttpKernelInterface middlewares since 2013!
- Stacker - Larry Garfield’s StackPHP-like implementation of PSR-7
71 episodes available. A new episode about every 39 days averaging 69 mins duration .