Manage episode 357907663 series 2797941
Alesandra (Alice) Dubin is a Los Angeles-based travel and lifestyle writer. Her bylines appear in outlets such as Insider, Travel + Leisure, Esquire, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, AFAR, Prevention, Woman’s Day, Shondaland, Southern Living, Fast Company, and countless others. She has a bachelor’s degree from UC Berkeley and a master’s in journalism from New York University.
In this special sneak peek episode of Season 5, Alice and host Lexie Smith talk about the current state of the media industry and where it’s headed with the emergence of AI and ChatGPT. From delving into her career to discussing the future of freelance writing and her personal preferences when being pitched, Alice shares her opinion and expertise on what’s to come in the world of media and PR in 2023 and beyond.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How Alice Dubin got her start in the world of journalism
- The path her career has taken over the years and her transition into full-time freelance journalism
- A recap of why media layoffs are happening industry-wide
- What ChatGPT is and how it's being used
- Her thoughts on what AI and ChatGPT mean for the future of the industry at large
- What type of stories and journalism we’ll see as AI continues to develop
- Alice Dubin’s personal pitching preferences
- Her thoughts on how to support freelancers during this time in the media industry
- And More!
Social media links:
- Substack: https://alicedubin.substack.com/
- Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter: @alicedubin
- Website: alicedubin.com