Manage episode 360540274 series 2797941
Maggie Gillette is a multi-talented multi-passionate entrepreneur, moderator, expert, and freelance writer covering the fashion, lifestyle, and home beats for both print and digital media. She’s written for outlets such as Better Homes & Gardens, Influenced Magazine, Byrdie, Insider, and much more.
In today’s episode, Maggie talks about all things freelance journalism, the start of her career in the fashion industry, and how she got to where she is now as a writer. She shares how she writes as an expert, and how to promote yourself as the expert in a pitch. She shares tips for pitching writers and important components to make your pitch stand out.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The highlights of Maggie’s career that led to where she is today
- Her passion for being in the fashion world and how she launched her own lingerie line
- How the fashion world led her into the writing world
- What Maggie is actively doing now as an expert in lifestyle and fashion writing
- The initiative she is working on to boost the Chicago fashion scene
- How Maggie can speak to both the source and journalist side of freelance writing
- Different groups and resources to use when pursuing press
- Tips on making sure your pitch matches the expert source request
- And Much More!
Social media links:
Resources for finding press:
- PR Journo Request: https://twitter.com/PRJournoRequest?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
- Press for Success:https://www.instagram.com/sabinaknows/?hl=en