The Future of PR & Mixternal Relations with PR Daily’s Diane Schwartz
Manage episode 297530896 series 2797941
Diane Schwartz is the CEO of Ragan Communications, a media and training company that serves communicators with best-in-class events, training, membership organizations and award-winning service journalism with the Ragan, PR Daily, Communications Week, and Workplace Wellness Insider brands. She joined Ragan in 2019 after 23 years at Access Intelligence, where she was senior vice president and group publisher of the Media Communications Group. A former journalist and author of two unfinished books, Diane serves on the board of the Institute of Public Relations, is a wish granter for Make-A-Wish and an avid volunteer.
In today’s episode we learn all about the amazing Ragan Brands that Diane represents, what’s in store for the future of PR, a term called Mixternal Relations, service journalism, how to create meaningful relationships with the media and so much more.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Diane’s path, from being a reporter for a daily newspaper to becoming the CEO of Ragan Communications.
- What services does Ragan Communications have to offer? Diane explains the different brands inside Ragan and the information each one of them has for the communicators.
- What is PR Daily? Diane walks us through the content on the site, how they stay on top of the news, and explains what she means by Mixternal Relations inside a company.
- How can you become a contributor to PR Daily? Diane talks about what they are looking for and things you should keep in mind if you want to pitch them.
- Diane discusses the changes in the PR industry in the last year and what we can expect in the future.
- Diane shares some golden PR tips for cultivating relationships with reporters and members of the media.
Visit Ragan, PR Daily, and Workplace Wellness to find useful information for all communicators. You can also follow Diane on social media:
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Book a Free Consultation here.
Go back to the homepage