Manage episode 195731329 series 1531228
Jerzy is a kind and brilliant man. He happens to also be an absolute legend in the Olympic lifting world with one of the most interesting stories you’ll ever hear!
The Happy Body program will teach you everything you need to know to be your own coach. It establishes exact scientific and testable methods and goals to engineer your own weight loss and fitness within precise time periods.
This Show is Brought to You By:
AMPLEMEAL. Optimally nutritious meal-in-a-bottle for busy, health-conscious people.The only way to feel, perform and live our best everyday is to consume an optimal diet. But as the world gets busier, eating well has become a pipe dream for many. The solution starts with our food.As an Alignpodcast Show listener, you can get a 15% discount using the code: align at AmpleMeal.
- Jerzy Gregorek experience. [00:01:08]
- The flow. [00:03:00]
- The connection with what he does. [00:04:11]
- Movement in weightlifting, Squat press [00:07:09]
- A combination of fear and flexibility. [00:11:20]
- Urbach wiethe disease fear. [00:14:30]
- Adapting and adjusting to how much we need. [00:16:25]
- The role of making enough suppleness in the body. [00:17:05]
- A cheetah, a weight lifter, a sprinter and a jumper. [00:17:47]
- Meditation is shown to increase fine motor control. [00:23:20]
- History of Jerzy with weightlifting. [00:25:14]
- Being a Fireman is almost the same as being in a team. [00:26:34]
- Weightlifting at Poland at 23 years old, injuries. [00:29:20]
- 24 years old at Warsaw, in the Fire department Academy. [00:31:25]
- In 1981, the solidarity in Warsaw. [00:33:00]
- Szczecin at 1984. Experiences. [00:29:40]
- Different life in 1989. [00:45:00]
- Coaching Olympic weightlifting in the US. [00:46:45]
- Experience in 1987, finding a job, having a job and leaving the job. [00:47:25]
- 1988, found a gym and having a new job. [00:53:32]
- 1990’s, going back to weightlifting competition. [00:55:10]
- Coming back to Poland in a competition, 1977. [00:55:44]
- Won three more championship, Sydney and Scotland. [01:01:10]
- Working around injuries, decompressing and repetition. [01:02:30]
- The more power you exert, the more you need to rest. [01:07:02]
- Do we really need to be sore in order to create gains? [01:08:23]
- Establishing numbers to train athletes for power. [01:13:18]
- Sore and stiff, getting more powerful. [01:14:00]
- Micro progression. [01:17:00]
- Having rest and recovery is crucial. [01:19:40]
- All athlete need power. [01:22:55]
- Helping a person improve their life is a lot bigger than helping Olympic athlete. [01:25:00]
Links / Website / Book Mentioned:
- Support Alignpodcast show via Amazon affiliate link
- Choose your FREE e-books!
- Align Therapy Self-Care Kit
The post Jerzy Gregorek: Lion of Olympic Lifting, Happy Body, Avoiding Torture | Ep. 149 appeared first on Align.
45 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days .